I decided to do a second post today concerning winter weather. My previous posts on the outdoors have been popular so I decided to try another gallery post (slideshow at end of post).
I tend to view things in a negative light and desire to be more positive and optimistic. Normally, I groan and complain about the coming winter. Therefore, I have decided to write about all the good things that come with winter:
- Christmas music (at least for a while)
- Chili more often
- 40 degrees is t-shirt weather
- Watching others slip and fall (at least it wasn’t you, this time)
- Snow Days (for kids and government workers or people in the south)
- No mosquitoes or flies
- Super Bowl (and commercials)
- Grilled cheese and tomato soup
- Thanksgiving (fall season, but winter weather here)
- Everything looks better after a fresh snow fall
- Coffee all day and hot chocolate
- Lights, Christmas trees, Hanukkah, and other brilliant decorations
- Pumpkin soup
- Snow ball fights
- New Year and new hope
- Egg nog
- Surviving temperatures of 62 below 0° is something a person can brag about and people want to know more
- More family gatherings
- Pecan Pie
Please share your favorite things about winter.
I recently completed my PhD in Education (Curriculum and Instruction) at the University of Wyoming. I have published multiple articles in peer reviewed journals and have a book chapter coming early next year. I aim to explore issues of privilege and equity of education, especially as they pertain to STEM education.